Happy Valley, King
One of the most dramatic 100+ acre parcels of land in King. First time on the market in decades! The property was once owned by the family of Prime Minister Meighen, Canada’s ninth Prime Minister. This is a very special property located in the heart of the Happy Valley Nature Reserve.
The property permits a main residence, pool, cabana, office, barn & indoor riding arena. The main house is accessed by a long private winding driveway off the Seventh Concession Road of King or alternately the southern driveway which stretches down to the 17th Sideroad providing convenient access to Weston Road.
The exterior of the home is complete with stone & clapboard, roofing & windows in place. The interior of the home allows customization with a current layout offering a walk-out lower level, 6 bedrooms plus a coach house over the 4-car garage. The residence measures approximately 6900 sq ft as per the site plan excluding the garage and the area of the finished basement.
The home is positioned on the land to capture the views over your own valley. The design features impressive outdoor spaces with an entertainment deck which spans almost the entire width of the home. This entertainment area has a cut stone fireplace and offers impressive views over the pool, cabana and the rolling hills of King.
The property site plan was prepared by one of Canada’s top country estate builders and includes:
- Stable & arena measuring approximately 27, 500 sq ft as per site plan with attached indoor riding area (80x180 ft)
- Detached office/additional garage located near the stable – perfect site for a private office/car collection which measures approximately 4,600 sq ft as per site plan
- Pool – 20 x 40 ft
- Pool cabana – 14 x 20 ft with valley views
- Six run-in sheds for horses
This may be one of the most private country estates in King! The property is accessed by two lightly travelled dead-end roads and yet within 10 minutes one can be on Highway 400. The top schools, St. Andrew’s College, The Country Day School, Villanova and others are within 15 minutes of the property. Miles of hiking exist on the property as well as the miles of public trails in the immediate area.
The property is surrounded by some of King’s legendary country estates including Kingsbrook, Dragonfly Hill, Hackett Lake, Lochwood and others.
The property has a mix of open rolling meadows plus mature hardwood forests & stands of softwood trees as well. Wildlife including wild turkey and deer abound on this natural park!
- Two approved driveways in place
- Impressive drilled well approx. 250 ft deep with a flow rate of 15 gallons per minute when drilled
- Underground hydro service to barn and main residence
- AAA location in King’s finest area where recent sales are recorded in $20 million range
The Listing Agent is relying on information supplied to him by the Vendor and other sources.
The Listing Broker accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of this fact sheet.