25 Acres, Near Orangeville
A charming 3+1 bedroom country bungalow on 25 acres with mix of open lands, pastures, woodlands and hiking trails to the natural pond. The home is well positioned down a long winding drive and overlooks the pool and Koi pond with waterfall. The designer kitchen with heated floors and views over the front gardens will impress. Main floor master suite with private office, 2 walk-ins and a library is very well laid out. Useful storage barn. 2.5 car garage.
The walk-out bungalow has been updated by a very talented designer.
Foyer with tile floors
The expansive dining room has large picture windows overlooking the koi pond and has a river stone fireplace with raised stone hearth.
The bright living room has a walkout to the deck and offers south and west views. Wood floors and fieldstone fireplace add to the country charm. Vaulted ceiling.
The loft office with ship’s stairway overlooks the living room
The cozy den has western exposure and wood floors plus a tongue and groove pine panelled ceiling. The den has a direct walk-out to the deck and grounds.
The newly updated kitchen has heated floors, 2 ovens, 2 dishwashers and a large centre island topped with granite.
- Stainless steel appliances including wine fridge, 2 ovens, built-in microwave, side-by-side refrigerator,
- Caesarstone counters
Granite centre island with sink and additional storage plus seating for 7.
Off the covered porch walkway is a mud room and laundry room with stone floors. Maytag front load washer and dryer plus granite folding table.
The main floor master suite has its own private library with built-in book cases, large walk-in closet and 4-piece en suite bathroom. The master has a direct walk-out onto the deck.
Alongside the master suite is a home office with picture window and a large walk-in closet which can be used for file storage. This room could also serve as an additional bedroom, if desired.
This large bedroom has lovely views over the front garden from a built-in window bench.
- Pine floors, double closet, picture window with window bench and built-in desk
This bedroom with wood floors has a semi-en suite 3-piece bathroom and a walk-out to the deck and is often used as a guest room.
Also on the main floor is a 2-piece powder room with stone floors and custom vanity
Walk-out Lower Level
The large recreation room has tile floor and 2 walk-outs to the pool. The recreation room has a gas fireplace plus a kitchenette with bar seating area.
This private bedroom has double closet and is close to a 3-piece bathroom
Games Room/TV Room
The large games room has a TV lounge area plus room for the pool table and foosball table
The bright home gym has pot lights and lots of space for equipment
Also on this level is a cold cellar, utility room and storage room plus a pool change room with 3-piece bathroom.
Koi Pond and Pool
The koi pond was built by specialist pond builders with rock lined edges, pebble beach, gazebo seating area, natural plantings and large waterfall to aerate the pond. This peaceful setting is a favorite place for outside dining.
The bromine pool is heated by propane and fenced and has several large seating areas. Mature gardens surround the pool area. There is a convenient pool change room with shower and bathroom facilities in the nearby walk-out lower level. The lower level of the home also has a kitchenette with bar seating that makes pool-side entertaining easy!
- Energy efficient geothermal heating and cooling
- Back-up Generac generator
- Water conditioning system including UV and iron filter
- Survey available by RC Kirkpatrick, OLS (25.3 acres)
- 2.5 car garage
- Koi pond with seating area, gazebo and waterfall. Stone patios.
- Storage shed
- Barn with room for stalls. Power and water.
- Circular drive. Long tree lined driveway for privacy
- Fenced pool area with seating areas & rock fountain
- Annual taxes $8,062.74 (2018)
- The property may qualify for reduced taxation due to the Ontario Managed Forest Tax Incentive Program (not currently enrolled)
- Large natural pond for skating
- Hiking trails and secret garden
- Inclusions: 3 dishwashers, 2 ovens, 2 refrigerators, Maytag washer & dryer, all pool equipment, back-up generator, water fountains & pumps, all electric light fixtures except foyer and den light fixtures, hot water tank, invisible fence
- Rental items: 2 propane tanks plus monthly alarm monitoring
The Listing Agent is relying on information supplied to him by the Vendor and other sources.
The Listing Broker accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of this fact sheet.