A completely renovated century home in the hills of King Township! It`s like new! The hill-top setting and gracious principal rooms offer views over the surrounding countryside. The property is minutes to Bolton and Nobleton. The 25-acre property has rolling hills, trails, meadows and a long driveway that leads to the 4 bedroom home, 1 bedroom guest studio and restored bank barn. Drive-in workshop. Come enjoy country living within 1 hour of Toronto!
The original century home is now completely re-imagined. The front porch is finished in flagstone and leads to the front door. The welcoming porch now has panelled rafters, pot lights and views over the property.
The light-filled front hall with wide-plank oak floors leads into the den and great room.
The great room has cathedral ceilings, woodburning fireplace and views over the property. The old walls have been removed and now large beams accent the entry way into the den/TV room. To the west of the great room is the casual Muskoka Room.
With large windows on three sides, the Muskoka room has great sunset views. The room has timber beams, built-in speakers, direct access to the deck, wide plank floors and is one of the favorite rooms in the home.
The large country kitchen has a 6-burner Wolf range and large centre island with additional sink. There are extensive built-in cabinets and a large farmer’s sink under the east-facing picture window. The kitchen has a large seating or breakfast area with direct walk-out to the main deck.
Alongside the kitchen is an expansive dining room which opens directly onto the deck offering west views. The dining room is finished with wide-plank floors and can easily accommodate large gatherings.
Mud Room & Main Floor Laundry
This is one of the best designed mud room areas we have seen in a long time! The mudroom area has a 2-piece powder room, vaulted ceilings, antique doors and a walk-in cedar closet plus a laundry room with raised dog shower! The mud room has easy-to-clean floors and direct access to the covered garage or front porch.
The second floor of the home has the master suite, 2 full bathrooms with heated floors, 2nd bedroom plus an additional bedroom currently used as an office.
The master bedroom has a tray ceiling, reclaimed wood floors and views to the east and west. The master has a large walk-in closet and a 3-piece en suite bathroom with heated floors.
The lower level of the home has a second laundry, workshop area, 4th bedroom, 3-piece bathroom and a desk area with storage closets. The lower level has a walk-out to the side yard.
The detached insulated 3-bay garage has a workshop on the main level plus car parking and a wonderful open concept home office/guest space on the second floor.
- New wood siding, new windows
- Garage doors (Canadoor) and openers
- New exterior loft access via new mudroom & deck plus an additional poured concrete terrace
- The second-floor loft has a large office, 3-piece bath, kitchenette with new floors and bead board ceiling
- New windows, new lighting and new heating/cooling system
Century Bank Barn
The bank barns were once commonplace around Ontario, but now have been disappearing over the years from lack of maintenance. This barn has been restored and now it`s ready for a new owner`s desired use. Recreation space – art Studio – entertainment area – horse stable - workshop
- Barn foundation wall remediation, System Fencing Dutch doors
- Replaced siding, electrical, loft floor, removed broken floor and laid limestone screenings on lower level.
- Two Lennox propane forced air furnaces
- Lennox central air conditioning system
- Whole house generator (Generac 22 kw)
- Efficient heat pumps for guest loft, mudroom and sunroom
- Propane hot water heater
- Dug well
- UV light & water softener
- Zero clearance woodstove fireplace
- All house windows (LePage wood interior/aluminum clad exterior) and doors replaced
- Crushed asphalt driveway
- Garden shed for additional storage
- The original house was taken back to the studs, re-insulated, rewired, & reconfigured.
- Custom kitchen cabinets by Fischer Custom Cabinets
- Wide plank white oak flooring
- Wolf 6 burner dual fuel propane stove, 900 CFM fan, fridge and dishwasher
- All plumbing & electrical fixtures replaced
- Built-in speakers in main rooms
- Fenced area for dogs
The Listing Agent is relying on information supplied to him by the Vendor and other sources.
The Listing Broker accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of this fact sheet.