Wildwood was created by the current owners as a peaceful country retreat property. The home was designed by architect D’Arcy Dunal in the classic Ontario farmhouse vernacular. The home was placed down a long winding drive and privately sited behind a grove of trees on a hill to overlook a clear pond. The owners have invested in adding specimen trees, landscaping, golf greens and have established a 2 kilometer trail network over the grounds which showcases the many diverse aspects of this approximately 45 acre property.
The Main House
The 5 bedroom main house and attached 3 car garage was completed in 2002 with the exterior finished in stone and ‘Maibec’ (Cabot stain-penetrated) board & batten, and surrounded by covered cedar decking (upper and lower decks).
On the main floor, there is a wonderful great room with an 18 ft. vaulted ceiling with dormers letting in a large amount of natural daylight. This open design combines kitchen, living and dining spaces with multiple walk-outs to the deck. The entire space was designed to take advantage of the countryside views over the fields, woodlands and spring-fed pond.
The main floor has a country home feel with reclaimed “rock elm” flooring, floor-to-ceiling natural stone wood-burning fireplace and large picture windows offering picturesque views especially when visited by local wildlife.
The attached 3-bay garage is planned with 2 doors at the front parking area, and a door on the east side for garden tractors and equipment access. The garage is fully insulated.
The master suite has lovely views, walk-in closet, 4-piece en suite bathroom plus a large office/sitting room with built-in book cases. The private master suite has its own walk-out to the covered deck.
Also on this level is an additional bedroom with 3-piece bathroom and a large laundry room.
The walk-out lower level has good ceiling height and plenty of natural light. This finished level has 2 walk-outs to the grounds, a large recreation room with gas fireplace, 3 bedrooms, a 4-piece bathroom and ample storage closets. The walkouts on this level lead to extensive landscaped gardens with waterfall features connected to the pond. The immaculate utility room is in the northwest corner of the footprint.
The Bunkie has been a fun addition to the property. The Bunkie is fully insulated/winterized, has power and overlooks the pond below. A perfect space for over-flow guests or can be used as a studio.
The Land & Wildlife
Wildwood is a diverse 44.7 acre property with farmed lands, rolling woodlands, ponds and plentiful wildlife habitat.
The almost 45 acre property is segmented into 10 acres of farmed alfalfa and a 25 acre managed woodlot with the 10 acre balance surrounding the home which includes the pond and 2 golf greens for chipping and putting practice.
Major tree plantings have taken place on the property over the years and especially in the last 15 years. Major species are: white cedar, white pine, red pine, American beech, white spruce, tamarack, ash, oak, sugar maple, birch, poplar, walnut and black cherry. There is also a small apple orchard near the cabin. Various shrubs are also present such as lilac, high-bush cranberry, red dogwood, white flowering dogwood, sumac, flaming spirea, rosebush of Sharon, serviceberry and juniper.
The property has a wonderful network of wide trails of approximately 2 kms which meaders around the lands and are perfect for hiking, atvs, snowshoeing or cross country skiing.
Wildlife abounds on Wildwood providing a unique opportunity to view many species in our area. The lands are home to a rafter of wild turkeys. Other birds such as red-tail hawks, osprey, blue and grey heron, mallard, wood duck, goldeneye, merganser, cardinals, blue jays, bluebirds, flickers, finches, chickadees, nuthatches, gross beaks, owls, Baltimore orioles, redwing blackbirds, waxwing blackbirds, crows, pheasant, and quail are also frequent visitors.
Important factors regarding location:
· Approximately 50 kms and 45 minutes from Yonge Street and Hwy 401.
· 4 kms to Mono Mills fire station (reduces insurance premiums)
· 13.5 kms to Headwaters Hospital & shopping in Orangeville
· Skiing at Caledon Ski Club, Hockley Valley
· Many area golf courses including Devil’s Pulpit, Hockley Valley, Osprey, etc.
· Quiet paved country round
Other Property Details:
· Golf greens re-established (2016). 3 tee boxes & 3 flags. It is mainly a chipping course.
· Pond fountain installed (2016)
· Ceiling insulation ceiling upgraded to R50 (2015)
· New limestone on the complete driveway (2015)
· Parking area at house paved (2015)
· Upgraded stone fireplace installed (2015)
· Rock elm hardwood floors refinished (2014)
· House completely painted inside & out completely (2013)
· Deep pond & water fall
· Underground power and telephone from the road. No unsightly overhead wires.
· Zoned sprinkler system for lawn, greens, gardens and planters
· 2 strong deep drilled wells (18 gpm and 5 gpm flow). One well can feed the pond.
· Reverse osmosis drinking water system
· Environmentally friendly rainwater collection system
· High efficiency propane in-floor heating system by Viessmann
· Land currently enjoys tax savings due to Farm Class Tax Rate
· 25 acre Managed Woodlot for tax savings
The Listing Agent is relying on information supplied to him by the Vendor and other sources.
The Listing Broker accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of this fact sheet.